Sunday 28 April 2013

Benjamin Lacombe ♥

No, I'm not done with my Berlin review, I just thought I'd do a little post in between so there won't be so many days without anything new here. As always, I'm staying at Flo's during the weekend, so I can't access my pictures before Monday.
I should tell you that I'm not able to do more than one or two posts a week anyway, as I'm always so busy and just don't have the time to post more frequently. (Maybe this will change someday, but at the moment it doesn't seem like it).

So today's short pot is about one of my very favourite illustrators: Benjamin Lacombe.
He's such a great Artist and creates the loveliest, cutest, strangest and most beautiful characters and worlds, often with a grotesque touch. I really adore his work! His book illustrations as well as his free art pieces.

Here's a small selection of pictures that I especially like, just to show you what he does and maybe get you as inspired as I always get when looking at his stuff =)
! (click to enlarge) !


              
 
 
 
 
 
 
         
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


















If you like these, you should definitely visit Benjamin Lacombe's website and look at his portfolio.
Also, you can click *here* to get to his latest book, L'Herbier des Fées!
I totally have to buy it, it already mesmerized me =)

Love,
PL

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Benjamin Lacombe ist mein Lieblingsillustrator =) Kennst du seine Grimmschen Märchen? Und das Popupbuch mit seinen Illustrationen? Mein Freund ist Sammler und hat eine Website, da findet man das Popup-Buch unter "Popup des Monats" (hier http://popups.buchinhalte.de/ falls es dich interessiert^^) Ich habe ihn sogar schon kennengelernt, ich helfe nämlich ehrenamtlich bei der Europäischen Kinder- und Jugendbuchmesse und in diesem Rahmen war hier letztes Jahr eine Ausstellung mit seinen Arbeiten und eine Autogrammstunde. Er ist ein Hübscher und sehr charmant ;-) toller Post =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sehr cool!
    Ich folge dir jetzt, und bin die Nr. 40.♥
    Liebe Grüße, Wieczora (◔‿◔)
    aus Wieczoranien
    und hier ist mein Fotoblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. die bilder sind schön :)
    & der header gefällt mir!

    LG Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your blog.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you build
    this site yourself? Please reply back as I'm hoping to create my own website and want to find out where you got this from or what the theme is called. Cheers!

    Feel free to visit my homepage; http://biznaas.com/groups/the-happiest-man-ever/

    ReplyDelete